Anchor Christian Homes (Anchor) hosts an annual Walk-a-thon, usually in Septermber.
For the Niagara area, the Walk-a-thon is held in Hamilton’s Confederation Park, at the Willow Cove Pavilion. Registration starts at 9:30 a.m. and the event wraps up by noon.
For the Fergus area, the Walk-a-thon starts at The Lighthouse with a 9:30 a.m. registration, followed by a walk to the Belwood Lake Dam.
Some Ways You Can Participate
1. Come out and join us either by yourself or with a group of friends. The Sponsor Sheet can be found below. You can also contact the Public Relations Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. If you are unable to join us at the event, due to distance or for other reasons, organize a small group of friends or your family to do your own walk locally on that day. Request sponsorship for your walk.
3. Sponsor a resident from one of our homes and they will do the walk. Feel free to contact the home to select a resident to sponsor, or sponsor the entire home.
4. Send a special donation by e-transfer or cheque, earmarked ‘walk-a-thon’.
5. It is preferred that all Sponsor Sheets and funds are brought to the walk-a-thon on the day of the walk. If that is not possible, participants can either send an e-transfer (for the total raised) and email in a copy (scan or photo) of their sponsor sheet to email@example.com, or mail in their Sponsor Sheet together with their cheque(s) to Head Office – 361 Thirty Road, Grimsby, L3M 0L1 (please do not send cash). Please make sure that ‘walk-a-thon’ is noted on the memo line. Donation receipts will be issued for any sponsorship over $20. All funds need to be submitted to the Anchor Head Office preferably no later than two weeks after the event.
Anchor benefits from this annual event, and the residents receive great enjoyment from interacting with other participants.
We look forward to a successful event.